Updated: Aug 27, 2019
1. Every 40 seconds, a child goes missing in the U.S. When a child goes missing, the first 3 hours are the most crucial in finding the child safely.
2. Approximately 76.2% of abducted children who are murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.
3. It can take over 2 hours to get information about a missing child from a panicked parent.
4. Every year, more than 800,000 children are missing in the United States.
5. A person can be declared dead in absentia or "legally dead” after 7 years of being listed as missing. This time can be reduced in certain cases, such as in mass disasters (e.g., Sept 11, 2001) or major battles.
6. Over 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day!